THE LATEST FROM THREE FARMERS
4 Cups Pasta, Cooked
4 Strips of Low Sodium Bacon, diced
1 Red Onion
½ Red Bell Pepper, Diced
½ Orange Bell Pepper, Diced
1 Zucchini, Cubes
Kernels from 2 Cobs of Corn
2 Cups Cherry Tomatoes, Quartered
½ Cup Fresh Basil Leaves
¼ Cup Three Farmers Original Camelina Oil
1 Head of Garlic
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 Tbsp Italian Spice Blend
¼ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Chop the top off the head of garlic, wrap the garlic loosely in tin foil, exposing only the cut end and drizzle with a small amount of Three Farmers Original Camelina Oil. Place in oven for half an hour, until garlic is roasted and becomes soft.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the bacon and onions with 1 Tbsp of Three Farmers Original Camelina Oil until the bacon has began to crisp up and the onions have become translucent.
- Add in the diced bell peppers, diced zucchini and corn kernels, continue sautéing for 5 minutes until the vegetables begin to develop some colour. Add the cherry tomatoes and continue to sauté.
- In the bowl of a food processor add 6 cloves of the roasted garlic, the fresh basil leaves, ¼ of Three Farmers Original Camelina Oil, salt, pepper and the Italian spice blend. Process until smooth.
- Add the oil and basil mixture and the cooked pasta to the saucepan, mix together until everything is incorporated and sauté until the pasta has heated through.
- Add the ¼ cup of parmesan cheese, mix together and serve.
Recipe compliments of Three Farmers dietitian – Heather Deck, RD