THE LATEST FROM THREE FARMERS
1 Pound Dry Kidney Beans
¼ Cup Three Farmers Original Camelina Oil
1 Large Onion, Chopped
1 Green Bell Pepper, Chopped
3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
2 Celery Stocks, Chopped
6 Cups of Water
2 Bay Leaves
1 tsp Dried Thyme
1 tsp Dried Sage
1 Tbsp Dried Parsley
1 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
4 Andouille Sausages, Sliced
4 Cups of Water
2 Cups of Long Grain Grown Rice
- Rinse the red kidney beans and soak in a large bowl of water overnight
- In a saucepan, heat the Three Farmers Original Camelina Oil on medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, bell peppers and celery and sauté until soft, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Rinse the soaked beans and place in a large pot. Add the 6 cups of water, the cooked vegetables, the bay leaves and the seasonings and combine. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium low and allow to simmer for 2 ½ hours.
- Stir in the sliced sausages and allow to simmer for another 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the long grain brown rice and 4 cups of water into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and allow the rice to simmer with the lid on until all the water has been absorbed.
- Serve the beans on top of the steamed rice.
Recipe compliments of Three Farms dietitian – Heather Deck, RD